Bring CTC to Your School >Opportunities for Professional Development
Young Adult Literature Conference
Since 2000, the Chicago Teachers' Center's popular Young Adult Literature Conference (YAL) has demonstrated how the combination of compelling books and engaging learning strategies provides powerful learning experiences for middle and high school students.
- Interactive workshops designed around specific books.
- Leave with teaching strategies you can use immediately in your classroom.
- Proven classroom approaches to writing and reading.
- Teachers from participating schools are encouraged to do follow up with our Unit for Books Program.
- Registration includes books for two Saturday workshops, breakfast and a snack, materials and conference workshops.
To Register click HERE.
|Funded by grants from the U.S. Department of Education and the Illinois State Board of Education