A Project by
Rod Sellers
Chicago's East Side Churches
Introduction to East Side Churches
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
St Petri United Church of Christ
St. George
Annunciata Church 
Architectural Style of Saint Simeon
Saint Simeon Mirotovici
 
St. Francis de Sales
St Francis DeSales 1910
St. Francis de Sales served mostly German Catholics but was organized as a territorial parish. The original frame church, shown here, served the parish until 1910 when a new combination church and school building was constructed. 
St. Francis DeSales today

This two story brick structure was dedicated on October 22, 1911. A Chinese convert who was confirmed that day donated a golden cross atop the new church. On January 23, 1925 a fire almost destroyed the church.

     
 
Chicago
Teachers' Center
National Endowment for the Humanities
Northeastern 
Illinois University