The Marsh School was located at
98th, and Exchange in the South Deering neighborhood. Built in 1910, it
originally served the community that spread south along Commercial Avenue
from South Chicago. Its enrollment increased when the post World War II
housing boom led to the building of numerous homes in the Veterans Memorial
Park area west of the school.
Click on the links at the left to tour
Chicago's Deering Community.