A Project by
Rod Sellers
Chicago's East Side Churches
Introduction to East Side Churches
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
St Petri United Church of Christ
St. Francis de Sales
St. George
Architectural Style of Saint Simeon
Saint Simeon Mirotovici
 
Annunciata Church

Annunciata Church is a territorial Catholic parish located at 111th and Avenue G. The parish originally held services in the garage of the construction company which built many of the homes in the neighborhood around the church and donated the land for the church itself. It sits on land formerly used as a little league baseball field. The little league has relocated just north of the church. The parish was founded in 1941 and grew quickly after World War II with the baby boom and the growth of the Fair Elms subdivision near the church. 

 This is an exterior view of the third church used by the parish. It is a modern style, pie shaped design by architect William J. Butorac. It was dedicated on September 20, 1970. The interior features auditorium style seating with large stained glass windows around the periphery. 

 
Chicago
Teachers' Center
National Endowment for the Humanities
Northeastern 
Illinois University