Making charitable contributions is an art—a creative process that adapts to your changing needs as a donor. Planned giving allows you to make charitable gifts, continue to meet your income needs, and take advantage of current tax incentives.
There are many ways to ensure the mission of Northeastern Illinois University. One of the most powerful tools you have is your will! And, there are other ways for you to benefit as you support our students, faculty and staff.
If you would like to discuss various planned giving options, please call the Vice President for Institutional Advancement at (773) 442-4202.
We strongly encourage all of our donors to seek appropriate legal counsel and information provided is only an overview of the options available to you.
Bequests: The Gift that Builds our Future
How it works
- You can provide now for a future gift to Northeastern Illinois University by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust.
- The Northeastern Illinois University Foundation receives the gift and applies it to the purpose(s) you specified.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with the Northeastern Illinois University Foundation at email@example.com or by calling (773) 442-4202.)
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests.
- You know that your gift will benefit Northeastern Illinois University tomorrow just as you intend it to today.
Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trusts:
Because of the nature of these types of charitable donations and their financial requirements, the Northeastern Illinois University Foundation encourages you to work with your legal and financial advisors to establish these types of arrangements. For more information, please call the Vice President of Institutional Advancement at (773) 442-4202.