Skip to main content
Northeastern students

Transfer Applicant Instructions

In addition to general application information, there are special instructions if you are applying as a transfer student.

Should I apply as a transfer student?

You are a transfer applicant if: you attended any college, university or trade school after graduating from high school.

What paperwork do I need to get in order?

Here is what you will need and how you can get it:

  • Official transcripts from all colleges, universities or trade schools attended. → Contact your high school and have them send your transcript to the Admissions Office.
  • If you have less than 24 earned semester hours, please submit your official high school transcript, and ACT or SAT scores (if you are younger than 21 years old).
  • If you attended school outside of the U.S., please submit an Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) or World Education Services, Inc. (WES) course-by-course or subject analysis evaluation.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to provide immigration documents and other required documentation, unless your status is not identified.

Transfer Admissions Requirements

To be admitted to Northeastern you must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for all college, university or trade school coursework attempted, and also you must be in good academic standing at the last school attended.

Transfer Applicant Resources

Promos and quick links: Apply Now Application Instructions Deadlines

How to Apply

Contact Future Students

T (773) 442-4050

Contact Future Students

Back to Top