If you have any questions about these processes or policies, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Northeastern Illinois University's Institutional Review Board (IRB) Handbook
- For students: Student IRB Training Brochure
- Human Subjects On-Line Training: Researchers using human subjects must receive training on the protection of those subjects before receiving for IRB approval. This training is available for free online at: https://www.citiprogram.org. You will need to register for a free account to access the training module. For tips on getting started with CITI, please see this tip sheet.
- Human Subjects Research at the Chicago Public Schools: If you are interested in conducting research in the Chicago Public Schools, a separate proposal must be submitted to the Chicago Public Schools Research Review Board (RRB) for review. Information about the CPS Research Review Board and its policies and procedures: http://www.cps.edu/research/Pages/Research.aspx
- A guide to avoiding common mistakes in your IRB proposal
Forms to Apply for a New Project Involving Human Subjects:
- Appliction for full review a project by the IRB
- Claim of exemption from full review: Instructions and Application
- Informed Consent Form: template and checklist
- Appendices for the IRB Application: