Forms and Guidelines for a New Project Involving Human Subjects:
Applications for Claim of Exemption or Full IRB applications that fall into the expedited categories are reviewed as they are submitted. Researchers will receive IRB comments in approximately 2-3 weeks.
Submission: Please submit two (2) hard copies of the signed application to the ORSP office located at LWH 0006a. One electronic copy of all materials, with the application and informed consent form in Word format, should be emailed to IRB@neiu.edu.
The application cannot be distributed for IRB review until both hard and electronic copies are received, the package contains all supporting materials (e.g., copies of surveys, interview questions, permission letters as needed, recruitment materials, etc.), and the informed consent form follows the NEIU template.
- Application for full review of a project by the IRB
- Claim of exemption from full review: Instructions and Application
- Informed Consent Form: template and checklist and a guide to avoiding common mistakes with your Informed Consent form
- A guide to avoiding common mistakes in your IRB proposal
- IRB Submission checklist
- Appendices for the IRB Application: