Achieve Your Educational Goals
Northeastern Illinois University is a fully-accredited* state university that attracts students from around the world. Northeastern is located in Chicago - America’s third largest city. Despite the urban surroundings, our 67-acre main campus is a welcoming oasis to more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students who attend and study in one of our more than 80 bachelor's and master's programs in one of three colleges: Arts & Sciences, Business & Management, or Education. Our university is consistently ranked as the most ethnically diverse university in the Midwestern United States, as well as one of the best investments in the United States (# 6 in 2012).
* Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
3 ways for you to begin your education in the United States:
1. undergraduate study / bachelor's degree;
2. graduate study / master's degree;
3. english as a second language / conditional admission
1. Undergraduate Study / Bachelor's Degree
- Are you coming to start -- or finish -- your bachelor's degree? Then you need to complete an undergraduate application.
2. Graduate Study / Master's Degree
- Are you advancing your education with a master's degree? Then you need to complete a graduate application.
3. English as a Second Language / Conditional Admission
- Do you need to improve your English? Then you need to apply to SAELL, Northeastern's intensive English program (ESL). You can request "language only" or "conditional admission" (Note: For "conditional admission", please indicate whether you want to enter an undergraduate or graduate program after you meet your language proficiency requirement.