Skip to main content
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Apply now! Earn your bachelor's degree at El Centro. More information »

For bachelor’s degree entitlement, please contact Enrollment Services, D 101, 773-442-4203.
For master’s degree entitlement, please contact your program advisor.
For TLP candidates, please contact Sean Condon, LWH 0018, 773-442-5374, or

Completing your licensure program is the first step in the process. In order to obtain your Professional Educator License (PEL), you must APPLY FOR AND REGISTER your license with the State of Illinois after you have been ENTITLED by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU). DO NOT APPLY until you receive an e-mail from ELIS letting you know that you have been entitled.

For further information, please download the following document.
For a video that explains the licensure procedure in detail, click here.

Requirements for retention within the College of Education (COE) and program-specific requirements are listed in the NEIU Academic Catalog - College of Education section.

Undergraduate programs:
In order to graduate, you must fulfill University, College of Education, and Program requirements. Refer to the NEIU Academic Catalog for specific information regarding these requirements.

Approximately two terms before you plan to graduate, you should pick up a graduation application from Enrollment Services. The application will have specific instructions regarding the steps to follow in order to apply for graduation. You should also see your program advisor to make certain you have completed all requirements and necessary paperwork.

Graduate programs:
Candidates should apply for graduation approximately one semester in advance of you graduation date. Obtain a graduation application from the Graduate Records Office or online here. Deadline dates and further information can be found the graduation application.


Contact the COE Dean's Office

T (773) 442-5500

Contact the COE Dean's Office

Back to Top