Upon complete of the program, the student will meet current State of Illinois standards for Early Childhood Education (ECED) licensure.
The student will:
- Develop skills, insights and attitudes crucial to effective teaching of young children
- Develop knowledge of the education of young children from birth to eight years of age
- Become aware of Early Childhood education program models and designs
- Develop necessary pedagogical competencies for teaching young children
- Utilize current research and exposure to classroom practices to understand how young children develop and learn
- Become familiar with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), its principles, guidelines and ethics for working with young children.
Program Contact Information
For more information, please contact the Early Childhood Program advisor:
Mr. Santiago Tapia, 773-442-5473. Lech Walesa Hall Room 0022. email: S-Tapia@neiu.edu