Upon completion of the Program, the student will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education and meet current State of Illinois standards for Elementary Education licensure with a Bilingual-Bicultural endorsement.
The student will
- Develop skills, insights and attitudes crucial to effective teaching for the bilingual/bicultural child
- Become aware of ongoing multilingual education programs.
- Become conversant in both first and second languages in teaching subject matter areas.
- Realize the importance of ethnic-cultural ties to the learning process
- Develop necessary pedagogical competencies for the teaching profession.
Program Contact Information
For more information, please contact the Bilingual / Bicultural program advisor:
Mr. Clyde McLeod. email: email@example.com. 773-442-5394. Office: Lech Walesa Hall 0020.