SAVE THE DATE!
M5 Mexican Brass Quintet
Friday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m.
Chicago Brass Festival Workshop
With NEIU Faculty and Guests
Saturday, March 11
Salme H. Steinberg Fine Arts Center & NEIU Auditorium
Registration is not necessary at this time.
Workshop is free and open to the public.
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome & Registration
- 9:30 a.m. Sectional Warm-ups
- 10:00 a.m. Masterclass with M5 Mexican Brass (soloists and preformed groups)
- 11:30 a.m. Break for Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. NEIU Faculty Performance
- 3:00 p.m. Concert Performance Featuring the Festival Brass High School Honors Ensemble with the NEIU Faculty Brass & NEIU Brass Ensemble
Founded by Dr. Travis Heath, the Chicago Brass Festival has been proud to host world renowned performers annually and is dedicated to presenting quality concerts, master-classes, and educational events. Past performers have included: The Mnozil Brass, The American Brass Quintet, Christopher Martin, John Hagstrom, Gene Pokorny, Charlie Vernon, The Spanish Brass, The Boston Brass, Rex Richardson, Wycliffe Gordon, The Presidents Own Marine Band Brass Quintet, Oystein Baadsvik, Robbert Vos, B3+, The Burning River Brass, CALJE, Don Rader, John Almeida, Carole Nowicki, and more…