The Department of Music and Dance Program presents concerts throughout the year, both on campus and in the region. Most of the concerts listed below are free and open to the public.
Main Campus Location
The Department of Music and Dance Program is located within the Salme Harju Steinberg Fine Arts Center on the main campus. To access the Auditorium and Recital Hall, use the entrances to the main campus access road located at:
- 3701 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue (the northwest corner of the campus) -OR-
- 3600 W. Foster Avenue (the southwest corner of the campus).
Parking Permits are now required for all events on campus.
Virtual Parking Permits
- Please have your license plate number on hand to enter into the system.
- Blue Zone virtual daily permits cost $5 per day.
- Download the free Passport Parking app to your smartphone or visit the website m.ppprk.com to create your account.
Note, if you already use the parking app Park Chicago, you can login to the Passport Parking app with the same pin and phone number and your accounts will be connected. However, you must use the Passport Parking app at NEIU.
Street parking may be available on Bryn Mawr Avenue. Be sure to read street parking signage carefully.
- You may also drive up to the yellow kiosk in the parking garage that dispenses a paper receipt for display.
- If you do not use a smartphone and need more assistance with securing permit parking please contact the Parking Facility or sponsoring program at least 24 hours in advance and during business hours.
NEIU Parking Facility
(773) 442-4114 or 4117
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Event Admission Policies
Events begin at the published time. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the ushers. Neither food nor drink are permitted in the performance venues, exept bottled water. For copyright protection as well as the well-being of both performers and audience, photography and video recording are not permitted during events. Persons in violation of these policies will be asked to leave the venue. Unless otherwise indicated children under six years of age will not be admitted to Music Department sponsored events.
This event schedule is subject to change without notice. Stay up to date by visiting this page often or join our email list. If you have questions about our schedule of events, please contact the Information Desk at (773) 442-4636 or the music department concert coordinator, Steve Zivin, at (773) 442-5921 or email@example.com.