Civil Service Employment Opportunities
Civil Service employees work in many areas here at Northeastern. Positions are filled through a Civil Service testing process. In general, applicants must be residents of Illinois. See the State Universities Civil Service System website for more details.
We appreciate your interest in working at Northeastern and are currently accepting exam requests for the following positions:
- Admissions and Records Supervisor - Enrollment Services
- Human Resource Assistant - Office of Human Resorces
- Superintendent of Buildings - Janitorial/Facilities Management
In order to be considered for employment, you must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Employment Application (required for each position applied)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (required for each position applied)
- Official Transcript(s)
- Cover letter
Please see the individual position listings for the application deadline.
Employment Applications and Statement of Annuitant Status forms are also available at:
Northeastern Illinois University
Office of Human Resources
Bernard Office Building
5555 N. Bernard
Chicago, IL 60625
We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Call 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu
Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of:
- incomplete information/documents
- delay in submission
- not meeting qualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System
Be assured, your application will be reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and we will inform you of our decision.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and invites applications from Women and Minorities as well as Other Qualified Individuals.