Civil Service Employment Opportunities
Civil Service employees work in many areas here at Northeastern. Positions are filled through a Civil Service testing process. In general, applicants must be residents of Illinois. See the State Universities Civil Service System website for more details.
- Financial Analyst/Planner Supervisor (Institutional Advancement)
- Program Coordinator (Project Success)
- Community Worker (Center for College Access and Success)
- Nurse Practitioner (Student Health and Counseling Services)
- Accountant-Statistician (College of Arts and Sciences)
- Customer Service Assistant (Student Leadership Development)
In order to be considered for employment, you must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Employment Application (required for each position applied)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Statement of Annuitant Status (required for each position applied)
- Official Transcript(s)
- Cover letter
Each position requires a background check.
Please see the individual position listings for the application deadline.
Employment Applications, Affirmative Action Forms and Statement of Annuitant Status forms are also available at:
Northeastern Illinois University
Office of Human Resources
Bernard Office Building
5555 N. Bernard
Chicago, IL 60625
We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Call 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu
Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of:
- incomplete information/documents
- delay in submission
- not meeting qualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System
Be assured, your application will be reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and we will inform you of our decision.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals.