Student Health Insurance
We've moved! Please join us at our current site:
We are pleased to offer excellent, affordable student health insurance coverage through Aetna Student Health.
• Coverage of doctor and specialist visits with a small co-pay
• Prescription drug coverage with reasonable co-payments.
• Access to Aetna’s nationwide network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country
• Membership to the award-winning online secure member website, Aetna Navigator®, where you can view claim and benefit information, compare prescription costs, request an ID card and more
• Discounts on fitness, vision, hearing, weight loss programs and more
• Travel Assistance Services and Worldwide Medical Coverage while traveling or studying abroad
Who is eligible for Student Health Insurance?
All full time (12 or more hours) undergraduate students are automatically enrolled insurance plan and the semester cost is included in their fees.
Undergraduates taking 6 -12 hours and graduate students taking at least 3 hours are eligible, but must pay the insurance premium to the cashier when paying their tuition bill.
What if I already have health insurance?
If you have insurance equal to or more comprehensive than the student insurance plan, you can fill out a waiver to opt out of the student health insurance. Please visit the Aetna web site at www.aetnastudenthealth.com and click on "Plans and Products" and then "Enroll/Waiver".
Can I add a spouse (husband or wife) or child to my policy?
Yes, the form(s) for that are available on the insurance website: www.aetnastudenthealth.com.
How do I find a doctor?
Go to the insurance website (aetnastudenthealth.com). Follow the prompts under the "Find a Doctor" link.
Will I get an insurance card?
One will be mailed to your home approximately 4 weeks after the semester begins. Please be sure the school has your correct address, as this is what is sent to the insurance company.
What if I need to see a doctor before I get my insurance card?
See Tom Lambert in enrollment services. He will arrange for an expedited entry for you into the insurance system.
How much is the insurance per semester?
You can find that information in the Current Class Schedule or in the brochure at aetnastudenthealth.com.
Where can I find more information about the student health insurance?
Please visit aetnastudenthealth.com or call 1-877-378-9477. You can also pick up an insurance brochure from the Health Services Office or the Cashier's Office.