Summer Financial Resources
Planning for Summer Enrollment?
Here are available financial resources for the summer term.
Processing of summer assistance begins April 1 in order to have award eligibility authorized prior to the down payment/confirmation deadline.
Full time enrollment for the Summer Semester (combined sessions I, IA and II) is 12 credit hours. Students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) to receive most financial aid programs during summer term. Students planning to enroll during all summer session (I, IA and II), must complete all registration prior to June 1 for maximum financial aid eligibility.
- Federal Pell Grant – funds remaining from the 2012-13 award year eligibility. Students enrolled full time during Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 will have no Pell Grant eligibility remaining.
- Federal SEOG Grant – based on Federal SEOG received during Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 (requires half-time enrollment)
Both Undergraduate and Graduate Assistance
- Federal Work-study – based on Federal Work-study received during Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 (requires half-time enrollment)
- Federal Perkins based on Federal Perkins received during Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
Institutional Scholarships and Tuition Waivers (requires half-time enrollment)
- Direct Stafford Student Loans – limited to remaining eligibility from the 2012-2013 not to exceed the Federal Annual Limit (requires half-time enrollment)
- Alternative/Private Loans – initiated by the student using the lender of choice – Stafford eligibility must be exhausted first