Technology Training Coordinator - UTS
Technology Training Coordinator
University Technology Services (UTS)
Primary Job Function:
Incumbent will be responsible for coordinating technology training for Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) faculty and staff as part of implementation of new technologies, updates and upgrades as needed. The key functions of this role are:
- Initiate and align training and technology implementation activities initiated by UTS
- Lead staff training in preparation of technology training plan for NEIU
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of technology training to various stakeholders within NEIU such as faculty and staff, as needed
- Evaluate and recommend various educational technologies that support or enhance NEIU’s vision
- Provide certain customized professional development training of supported end-user applications to enhance functionality and performance
- Provide leadership for certain specific projects as directed by the supervisor
Under the supervision of Director of IT Strategy and Planning, major duties include:
- Manage and supervise technology training staff; coordinate departmental training budget and related training projects
- Training and Delivery:
- Deliver computer training workshops to NEIU staff and faculty
- Design and develop new workshops and training materials, job aids and assessments as needed
- Provide certain customized individual or departmental coaching and consulting
- Assessment and Planning:
- Coordinate the necessary technology training and allocate resources necessary for certain technology rollout training in coordination with UTS organizations
- Assess current university technology training needs, gaps, issues and recommend and implement effective solutions
- IT Strategy and Planning:
- Participate in the development of departmental objectives long/short terms
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies (as needed) to support and enhance NEIU’s vision
- Provide leadership on certain projects as assigned
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and trends in education and training
Required Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, Business or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively increasing responsibility and experience in technology training
- Excellent supervisory and administrative skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications, web development tools, publishing, document management
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Strong communication skills (oral and writing) – ability to communicate effectively with University management, faculty and staff
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision to achieve results with high quality of deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to learn new software packages independently and develop certain training modules for them – evolve and adapt with changes in features and functionality
Desired Training and Experience:
- Two years of work experience in a university environment
- Knowledge of various instructional design principles and technology
- Working level knowledge with Google Apps
- Ability to select and apply industry standard best practices to develop training materials as part of technology deployments
- Knowledge and working experience with various educational technology systems/infrastructure used for training, classrooms in a higher education setting
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to Technology-Training@neiu.edu.
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form at the NEIU Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (B0B), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NEIU reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the position(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, status of annuitant form, resume, cover letter, and official transcript(s) must be submitted by the close of business November 22, 2013.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and Invites Applications from Women and Minorities as well as Other Qualified Individuals.