Coordinator Lead Banner Programmer Analyst
Coordinator, Lead Banner Programmer/Analyst
University Technology Services
The incumbent would work as a team member supporting the University's Ellucian Banner ERP software, through implementation, enhancement, integration, and reporting activities. In addition, the position would participate in, or lead other application/development projects.
The University has implemented the Banner 8.X suite of applications (Student, Financials, HR, Financial Aid, and Luminis). In addition, we support a diverse environment of applications and database technologies, which include: Oracle 11g, Cognos, in-house developed applications, and many others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain programmatic changes and enhancements to NEIUworks (ERP administrative applications), as well as other integrated applications
- Support Banner customizations and modify accordingly, so that they remain functional throughout Banner upgrades
- Investigate, design, program and implement enhancements to the ERP applications and other integrated applications
- Work with end-user organizations to determine requirements and coordinate testing of enhancements
- Perform upgrades of Banner and related systems
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain current connections from Banner to other 3rd-party applications
- Develop new connections to 3rd party applications, wherever necessary
- Provide end user support, including delivery of user and process documentation
- Keep abreast of latest Banner technologies and functionalities, and make appropriate recommendations, as they relate to NEIU
- Minimum two years of programming/analysis experience and/or training
- Oracle SQL*Plus and PL/SQL programming skills
- One year of proven hands-on experience working in Linux/Unix operating system environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with end users in determining proposed Banner solutions, including enabling standard functionality, as well as custom modifications to fulfill departmental needs
- Willing to cross over into all aspects of Banner ERP, to support NEIU departments in need of assistance
- Provide sound recommendations to departments, on ways to streamline current operations to allow for more effective and efficient procedures
- Great attitude and willingness to work in a team atmosphere
- Able to deal with ambiguity professionally, as it relates to Banner Applications, and associated departments
- Functional knowledge (Banner 7.x or above) of one or more of the following Banner systems: Student, Finance, Financial Aid, and/or HR/Payroll
- Hands-on programming/analysis experience in Banner (7.x or above) in one or more of the following: Banner Student, Financials, Financial Aid, HR/Payroll
- Experience with Luminis, eVisions (Intellecheck, Form Fusion), TouchNet, Banner ODS and EDW
- Experience creating and maintaining Banner customizations
- Experience integrating Banner modules with 3rd-party applications including XTender, eVisions, TouchNet, R25 and others
- Applications Development skills: SQL Loader, TOAD or SQL Developer development environments, Pro C, Oracle Forms/Reports
- Database Administration experience (Oracle 10g and above)
- Experience with Cognos reporting tools
- Overall ERP knowledge, from an Application Development and Support standpoint
Applicants are expected to respond based on the entire job description. A complete application will include cover letter, resume and the names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three current, professional references. Application materials should be submitted electronically, to LeadProgrammerAnalyst@neiu.edu no later than January 15, 2014.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following.
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form at the NEIU Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (B0B), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NEIU reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the position(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and Invites Applications from Women and Minorities as well as Other Qualified Individuals.