Should you need to drop a course - or completely withdraw from all of your classes - please review the below chart for details regarding deadline dates, refund/credit percentages, and grades to be assigned.
NEIU will no longer cancel student registrations for non-payment. In place of this, we will ask that you review and accept a Financial Agreement document. You will see a new page with a link to the Financial Agreement. It is important that you understand NEIU will not cancel your classes for non-payment. To review the dates for dropping classes and the associated credit/refund percentages please see the online schedule of classes. The schedule of classes also includes payment due dates.
Tuition and Fees Refund/Credit Schedule
|Tuition and Fees Refund/Credit |
||Oct 21 - Jan 3
||Jan 4 - Jan 20
Jan 21 - Feb 3
|Feb 4 - Mar 4
||Mar 5 - Apr 4|
|Credit / Refund Amount
1. To officially drop or withdraw from any or all courses, access NEIUport. The transaction must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on the dates listed above.
2. The tuition refunds/credits apply should you be reducing your course load or completely withdrawing from all courses. If you are completely withdrawing from all of your courses, you will be assessed a $10 Complete Withdrawal fee between January 4, 2014 through March 4, 2014.
3. If you drop and add a course on the same date during the 90% credit period, you will not be assessed the 10% if the credit hours for the added course are the same number or more as the dropped course.
4. Failure to officially withdraw or drop classes will result in the assignment of an “F” (Failure) grade.
5. If you completely withdraw from all courses after the 100% credit period, you may still be assessed charges if you have not paid the full amount of tuition and fees.