All NEIU students are required to have a NEIU photo identification (ID) card issued by the University.
Photo ID cards are issued at the Information Center of the Student Union (across from Beck’s Bookstore).
|Information Center Hours
|Monday – Friday
Hours subject to change. Call 773-442-4290 for current schedule.
NEIU Photo ID Cards are mandatory to:
- Check out books and materials from the Library
- Gain access to the Physical Education Building for classes or recreational activities
- Verify status for University-sponsored events and activities
- Pick up any checks disbursed by the University
- Request information regarding your record at the Enrollment Services Center, Cashier’s Office, Student Loan Office, and Accounts Receivable
- Print, copy and scan documents at the NEIU printers and multifunction devices
NEIU Photo ID Cards can also be:
- Used as an add value card in photocopiers, computer lab printers, and Library microfilm printers. The magnetic strip on the back of the ID card can be encoded with a dollar value up to $25. To encode (or increase) the dollar value on an ID card, go to an on-campus 'Add Value' station. Insert the card and a $5, $10, or $20 bill and the dollar value on the magnetic strip will be increased by that amount. Each time the ID card is used for a purchase, the dollar value encoded on the magnetic strip will be reduced by the amount of the transaction.
To obtain an ID Card, a student must present:
- proof of enrollment for the current semester (i.e. a current Student Detail Schedule or Account Summary by Term), and
- a current photo ID such as a valid driver’s license, State ID, passport, or any government-issued ID.
The initial ID card is free for enrolled students; however, the replacement cost of a lost ID is $10. Note: A replacement ID card resulting from damage or name change will be replaced at no cost as long as the original ID is presented at the time of replacement.