Students who have an active NEIUport account may request an official transcript online at http://neiuport.neiu.edu.
Students may also request an official copy of their transcript by:
• Completing a Transcript Request form at the Enrollment Services Center;
• Faxing a request to (773) 442-4020;
• Or, mailing a request to: Northeastern Illinois University
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625-4699.
All requests must be in writing and include:
1. Your current name and any other names you may have had,
2. Your NEIU ID number or social security number,
3. Your approximate dates of attendance,
4. The address to where you would like the transcript mailed,
5. A day time phone number,
6. And your SIGNATURE (any requests received without a signature will not be processed);
For your convenience, you can download a copy of our Transcript Request Form.
No payment is required.* Students who have a financial obligation to the university may not receive official or unofficial transcripts until the debt has been cleared.
Please allow 7-10 working days for processing and mailing time from the date the transcript request is received. All transcripts issued directly to the student will have an "issued to student" stamp affixed to the transcript. **
Please contact the Transcript Department at 773-442-4031 with any further questions.
* Students will be assessed a $10 transcript fee at the time of their first registration at Northeastern Illinois University. This will allow the student to request official transcripts up to a reasonable limit at no additional cost.
** Students who need transcripts in a closed and sealed envelope must provide written instructions from the university stating that a closed and sealed envelope is required. (These closed and sealed transcripts will not be stamped “issued to student.”)