Pre-Law Society By-Laws
Chapter 1: MEETINGS
(1) The Executive Committee shall set the meeting schedule at the beginning of each semester;
(2) The organization shall meet once a month during the regular academic year (except for December when no meeting will be scheduled unless approved by a quorum);
(3) Special meetings can be called by the Executive Committee provided at least 48 hour notification is given to the membership.
Chapter 2: QUORUM
(1) A minimum of 2 Executive Officers and seven (7) members must be present to conduct official business of the organization;
(2) Signed Attendance Roster shall be maintained of those attending each meeting (see Appendix A).
Chapter 3: STANDING AND AD HOC COMMITTEES
Ad Hoc committees may be established to promote any of the goals of the society such as organizing field trips, inviting and promoting a speaker, community service, and other activities that support the club?s goals.
Chapter 4: BY-LAW AMENDMENTS
(1) By-law amendments must be presented to and approved by the Executive Committee before they may be submitted to the organization membership for vote;
(2) These by-laws may be amended by a simple majority vote of the membership at the first meeting of the organization at which time a quorum is present;
(3) By-law amendments shall become effective following approval of the SGA Charter &Rules Committee, Student Government Association, and the Office of Student Activities Office.