Adding Students To Your Classes
Prior to the day of the first class session, students may register for open classes online through Banner without authorization.
If the class has already met or if the class is closed, students will need authorization in order to register for the class.
During the Change of Registration by Banner period stated in the current Schedule of Classes (usually the first week-and-a-half or so of classes), the procedure for adding students to classes is as follows:
1. Enter the names and student ID's of all students you want to authorize to enter your
classes on the Banner Authorization List, which you will find in your mailbox. Tell the
students that you are merely authorizing them to register for your classes and that they
will still have to register themselves using Banner.
2. Give the Banner Authorization List to the Philosophy Program Administrative Assistant.
She/he will enter the authorizations into the Banner, thus allowing the students to register
for the class, and will then give the form back to you so you can authorize additional
students to register for your class.
After the Change of Registration by Banner period has ended, there is a short period of time during which students can still add a class. The procedure for adding a class during this period is as follows:
1. The student needs written authorization from the instructor.
2. The Department Chairperson needs to sign the authorization.
3. The student needs to take the written authorization to the Dean of the College of Arts and
Sciences for approval.
4. The student needs to go to the Registrar's Office to register for the class.